Facebook Support Group & Daily News:
- Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (Free HERE! on your computer or Free at Hulu.com; Also available via Netflix or Amazon Prime)- fascinating movie that everyone in the family will love. Starts out a little slow, but you'll be hooked before long and loving the ending. Do watch all the way to the credits! I'm not going to spoil it by telling you why. :)
- Forks Over Knives (Currently Free HERE! or for rent at Netflix or Amazon Prime) - If you read no books or watch no other videos, this one is it! All the research presented in an engaging and highly compelling 90 minutes.
- Food, Inc (Netflix)- a rather disturbing film on the source of our food, the demise of family farms by the workings of mega-factories. It's changed the way many people eat.
- Foodmatters (Netflix Online)
- Hungry for Change (New film from Foodmatters)
- Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue (Netflix Online or Amazon Prime): Rip Esselystyn visits the homes of several new plant-eaters to help them prepare their food stations, buy new food in the store, and then make their first meals. Very helpful for new plant-eaters!
- Eat to Live - Dr. Joel Fuhrman: This is the "bible" for the plant-based diet. Simple to read, clear, and Dr. Fuhrman tells you exactly what to do to get healthy. Half the book is comprised of recipes.
- Engine 2 Diet - Rip Esselystn: This former Austin, TX firefighter gives clear instructions on what to eat and simple recipes that are delicious and replicate "normal" food that we are used to, but all plant-based. He is Dr. Esselstyn's son (Chief Cardiac Surgeon at Cleveland Clinic who reversed heart disease via plant-based diet)
- The China Study- Dr. Colin Campbell: Are you just not sure about this hokey nutritional research? Dr. Campbell knows more about protein as it relates to nutrition than probably anyone else on the planet- read and be convinced by the breadth of studies and depth of the peer-reviewed research. This technical book converts the skeptic.
- Forks Over Knives - summary of the research by Dr. Esselystyn, Dr. Campbell and many more, with some recipes at the back.
- Quantum Wellness - Kathy Freston - her 21-day cleanse is what Tessa's family lives every day. Interesting first-person story of health thru diet, with good tips.
- Juicing, Fasting, & Detoxing for Life - Calborn - the author had some difficult healing to do multiple times in her life and credits healthy juicing for her recoveries. Impressive nutritional knowledge of juicing.
- Mad Cowboy: Plain Truth from the Cattle Rancher Who Won't Eat Meat- Howard Lyman: Sued with Oprah for criticizing the meat industry, this cattle rancher tracks his story in ranching, the food industry, the government involvement, the effects of chemicals on the land, and the takeover of mega-farms to the demise of family farms. An easy-to-read, informative first-hand source of fascinating information that most "meat-at-every-meal" men enjoy. This guy is a man's man and thus, very convincing in the end.
Vegan Recipe Books:
- Engine 2 Diet - by Rip Esselstyn - Tessa's favorite- simple plant-based recipes that replicate "normal" food. Normal food with no weird ingredients.
- Vegan Brunch - Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
- Appetite For Reduction - Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- The Happy Herbivore Cookbook - Lindsay S. Nixon
- Everyday Happy Herbivore - Lindsay S. Nixon. Lynne's recent favorite for it's simple, fast and easy recipes!
- Eat to Live - Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Two weeks of great recipe's to get you started.
Raw Vegan Recipe Books:
- Ani's Raw Food Essentials - Ani Phyo
- Ani's Raw Food Asia - Ani Phyo
- Live Raw - Mimi Kirk
- Raw Food book review of many available
Great Products & Stores:Blenders:
- Blendtec high-speed blenders. Lynne & Evelyn's favorite!
- Vitamix high-speed blenders. Tessa's favorite!
- Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus- Tessa's favorite FAST juicer
- LocalHarvest.Org - What's better than an organic grocery store chain? A local farmer's market or CSA/Co-Op! This website is a fantastic resource to find locally-grown fresh foods.
- Whole Foods Market - While you can often find less-expensive produce at other stores, Whole Foods carries a number of vegan staples that you won't find in most traditional grocery stores (such as Agave Nectar, Nutritional Yeast, etc).
Websites & Blogs:Vegan Helpful Blogs:
- Dr. Colin Campbell (The China Study) - excellent info!
- Disease Proof - Dr. Joel Fuhrman's blog
- NutritionFacts.org - You'll find lots of differing opinions on the web about foods and diet. Dr. Michael Greger's site will give you the latest medical research.
- PCRM.org - The Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine
- FatFree Vegan - Outstanding online resource -- 100's of vegan recipes!
- Yummy Plants
- Ellen's Vegan Blog
- Oh She Glows- Vegan Pantry info too
- Happy Herbivore
- Vegan Lunchbox
- Rawmazing: Amazing recipes with pictures, really talented
- Ani Phyo: Great recipe books and a leader in the Raw Food movement
- Join The Reboot: uplifting Joe Cross' site from the FS&ND movie with juicing info
- Vegan Pantry set-up
- Farmers Market shopping
- Work out when you are overweight
- Zero Waste Family- very vegan type living and cool pantry ideas
Eating Out help:
- Bill Clinton- here on Ellen and also here (5/31/12 CNN interview)
- Ellen's list of Vegans you may know
- Top 10 Famous Vegans
- Stylish Veganism
- Rich Roll: Vegan Diet turns fat Dad into Ultraman- an amazing transformation
- Ray Smith (All Vegan All Delish): His story losing over 200 pounds via plant-based diet
Other Vegan/Vegetarian RV Bloggers:
- The Good Luck Duck - Vegans boondockers Roxanne & Annie share funny observations on their daily life and some great green and vegan tips.
- Semi-True Tales of Our Life on the Road - Laurie & Odel are foodies who often share some very tasty (and RV-friendly) vegetarian recipes.