In one year of eating nutritionally dense food, with no animal protein, we have physically:
- lost weight
- cleared up our skin
- the whites of our eyes are whiter (clearer liver)
- regained the energy of our teenage years
- eliminated aches and pains
- sleep better
- dropped our cholesterol
- are no longer allergic to strawberries (3 of us)
- are stronger
- fingernails grow faster and stronger
- heal faster from cuts and bruises
- have more stamina
- teeth whiter (from strawberries? Dentist thought I'd bleached)
- the full feeling after a meal is different- more energy after eating, not lazy
- have been told I look younger (animal protein ages us)
- physically feel GREAT- feel like moving
- psychologically happier, and its not due to joy at our actions. Chemically, we think the good food causes a brain change. Really!
Action-wise, we have:
- expanded our fruit and veggie horizons
- joined farm CSA's that deliver fresh food
- discovered juicing and smoothies
- learned to listen to our bodies
- joined a local Vegan Meetup group-they provide support and ideas
- I've started Yoga classes too
How this makes me feel:
- Dropping to my healthy high school weight, while eating all the good food I want (never hungry), makes me feel victorious! As if, it's such an easy secret that I must share!
- We do not feel deprived
- We feel powerful- we simply choose to not eat foods that poison us
- Seeing my husband, Ned, become strong, lean, and protected from a heart attack with cholesterol below 150 makes me relieved and happy
- Watching friends and family experience the same health and happiness through nutritional vegan eating brings me great joy
- Seeing my teenage kids share the nutritional science, a vegan meal, or solid health advice with their friends makes me proud and hopeful. Our society needs health help!
Weight, Vanity, and Relationships:
- My weight has dropped from 140 lb. to 120 lb., at 5'6", with more fat to shed
- Ned dropped 36 lb. and looks to me like a Greek god :)
- Since fat is a risk factor for disease, health is our motivator, but I'll be honest... looking better is a nice reward.
- When you feel good about yourself, you also become a happier partner. And that's good for the relationship
Surprisingly, due to my initial quest to find a cancer-preventive diet, we have walked a beautiful journey.
Choosing to fuel our bodies with real nutrients has changed EVERYTHING in our lives for the better. Who knew?!
Maybe you'd like to try it for 6 weeks and see if you LOVE the way you feel. You can always go back to your old ways of eating if you want. Just try and see.
Love your body with good nutrients, one meal at a time.
To your exceptional health!