- 25 lbs weight loss
- No longer "Pre-diabetic" (Glucose dropped a whopping 26 points to now only 84!)
- BMI no longer obese (down 4 points)
- Blood Pressure now normal
- LDL (bad) cholesterol now normal
- Food is the most powerful "drug" we can put into our bodies...period!
- Food can help or harm me-- I am 100% responsible for that decision!
- I don't have to exercise, starve, or feel deprived to lose weight
- Type II Diabetes is avoidable & completely preventable
In the past 120 days, I've followed the "Eat to Live" guidelines pretty closely and have a good mix of veggies, fruits, beans, nuts, and whole grains daily. I've eliminated (or highly restricted) all meats, fish, dairy, sodium, oils, and processed/refined foods from my diet to maintain control over excess calories and cravings, but if there's a special day when I want something from that list, I have it. I simply no longer make a habit of it.
This feeling of now having complete control over my hunger and cravings is perhaps the biggest gift of this new way of living. When I used to eat out of boxes and fast-food drive-thru lanes, I was continually hungry and felt completely helpless to control my weight or worsening health metrics.
My next focus is to add some fun and moderate exercise into my daily routine (to keep the weight loss going at a good pace, and to improve my final 2 metrics-- HDL and Trigs).
That... and finding clothes that fit :-)